Monday, November 27, 2006

My reading of the Koran is going slowly but smoothly. I've been pondering a vexing question that relates to Koranic (Sharia) law. In countries that practice Sharia law it is illegal to proselytize Muslims and treason (punishable by death) for a Muslim to convert to another faith. As a mormon I firmly "believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law." (AoF 12) So the question arises: how can I magnify my priesthood to Muslims? I would hope that they might be interested in reading the Book of Mormon and be persuaded to a point of view closer to my own. But that hope seems vain and foolish if they would die for even trying to put Latter Day Saint principles into practice. The Koran is very strict about keeping people on the strait path and following the prophet (Mohammed). So I'm left to wonder how to convince Muslims that Gospel Principles are on that same straight path and that Gordon B. Hinkley is the living prophet that they should be following.

-markezuma

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger David Schantz said...

Mark, It was good to hear from you. I've nevr managed to get far when trying to read the Koran. I must congratulate you, I don't know how you could call yourself Lazy. I to am LDS, but I sometimes find it hard not to queston the laws of man. I think it would be wonderful to get even a few Muslims interested enough to read the Book Of Mormon or to get them to visit your site. It would give them a chance to learn of a better way. How would you do that? I do not know. Keep up the Good work.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Thanks David - Your encouragement and support are always appriciated.

I'm having trouble getting visitors in general so anyone you can send my way will be welcome to my reverie.

I'm only reading the Koran and not doing it. I have the same problem with the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I accept them on an intellectual level but have much more trouble than I think I should applying the principles I learn. Maybe laziness isn't the whole problem but it is at least part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home