Sunday, November 05, 2006

I haven't posted in months because I haven't had a whole lot to say, but I'm alive and relatively well.

The missionaries came over today and I tried to explain my point of view to them. They reached the conclusion that I was misunderstanding the doctrine of the Godhead. I understand that some people including the leaders of my church teach that Jesus is God; I just disagree with that point of view. I'm not very loud about it because I realize I could be wrong. Still, I am certain that Christ's message was "Love God and Love your neighbor" not "Worship me cause I'm all that."

I've been reading Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis. I'm about a third of the way through but stalled out. He doesn't have any sympathy for me either. I'm left wondering whether I even count as a "mere christian" or whether I'm merely playing at Christianity. It's just weird sometimes to be convicted of my beliefs and be aware at the same time that no one really shares them.

-markezuma

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Personally I find that we all put too much thought and debate into religion. Ask yourself this... Do I believe in God? If yes your covered no matter what faith we follow. I've always thought each church is right and each church is wrong, we must live with which amount of truth can we accept and which amount of untruth can we live with and find the balance that makes you happy. :)

Rick

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LDS Scholar Hugh Nibley once wrote that righteousness is simply a matter of direction.

If we are striving in a direction to know the answers to life and to become a better person, everything will work out okay.

I agree with Rick that each church is right/true to a greater or lesser degree. The fact that only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints teaches that God speaks to man today puts it in a very advantageous position as being likely the "most true" church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home