Thursday, January 04, 2007

First of all happy new year everybody - lets hope 2007 is a good one.

This post will not be primarily spiritual as I try to make most of my blogging. There are a number of reasons for this. Among them are the fact that I haven't picked up my Koran since before Christmas and have only read a little in the Book of Mormon in the past few weeks. That has been primarily due to several presents that I have very much enjoyed but have taken up a lot of my time. I received the first two seasons of Stargate SG-1 which I have watched in there entirety (about 40 hours of material). I've also also been playing a new video game called Star Wars: Jedi Academy. So my mind has not been on God much of late, and I can only hope that He appreciates science fiction.

But another reason this is not a spiritual post is because I have been challenged by my wife to reveal five things you probably don't know about me. So here goes:

1) Of the Ten Commandments "Thou shalt not kill" is the only one I have never broken.

2) My favorite food is chocolate and if I ever get diabetes I would consider ending it all with Whitman's Samplers.

3) I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers (even in their off seasons) and for this reason have an irrational attachment to LDS general authority Boyd K. Packer. For me the phrase "Packer Backer" is double entendre.

4) I'm also a big "Weird" Al Yankovic fan. He is one of my friends on Myspace, and when I was a teenager I even performed one of his songs with a jazz band.

5) Again when I was young I played a lot of Dungeons and Dragons. I recently got a collection of first edition D&D books which I don't use but will probably retain as keepsakes.

So now you have some trivia about me. If you have enjoyed it go and do likewise.

-markezuma

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Very nice! I did know most of it, but I didn't realize you intended to keep the D&D books.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger The Truffle said...

I saw Weird Al in Connecticut in 1997. He performed a killer parody of "MacArthur Park," called "Jurassic Park."

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Stan said...

So why do people commit adultery?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home